Re: Registering php modules

On Monday 16 of May 2005 14:47, Neil McGovern wrote:
> However, when asking on ##php on how best to support a php.d/* config
> system for php.ini, I discovered that is is currently no apache-style
> Include support within php.ini.
>
> It was suggested that php.ini should be edited directly, adding
> extension=foo.so
> and parsing for the line on package removal, removing the line if found.
>
> Is there any good reason why (if this is programed properly into
> dh_installphp) we shoudn't do this? If so, what are the alternatives?

I'd like to see some php4-modconf tool analogical to the apache-modconf. I've
prepared this utility for unofficial php5 packages.

# php5-modconf
Error: /usr/sbin/php5-modconf has been called with invalid parameters
Usage: /usr/sbin/php5-modconf apache|apache2|cgi|cli|fcgi [enable
<module_name>] [quiet]
       /usr/sbin/php5-modconf apache|apache2|cgi|cli|fcgi [disable
<module_name>] [quiet]
       /usr/sbin/php5-modconf apache|apache2|cgi|cli|fcgi [query
<module_name>]
       /usr/sbin/php5-modconf apache|apache2|cgi|cli|fcgi [list]

...so it is very easy to use in postinst/postrm scripts.

--
 .''`.    Piotr Roszatycki, Netia SA
: :' :    mailto:Piotr_Roszatycki@netia.net.pl