Re: What about virtual hosting facility?

> Most webapps that I am familiar with use a config.{pm,php} that sets
> the path for pages.  Mandating a wrapper config file for vhosts would
> solve much of this, I would think - something that just does
> case $REQUESTURL in
>   foo.org
>     include Config.foo.php
>   bar.org
>     include Config.bar.php
>   *
>     include Config.default.php
> esac
>
> (Clearly pseudo code that won't work in any real language, but you
> get the idea)  This file could just be shipped with the * case
> enabled, and comments in it telling people how to enable per-vhost
> configurations.

you have another way using some php auto_prepend thing from the vhost
apache config, like :

<VirtualHost ....:..>
  php_value "auto_prepend" "/etc/$package/$vhost.inc"
</VirtualHost>

the syntax may be wrong, but the idea is here.
this is the poorman's way, but it should work well.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O