Re: debian webapps working with php.ini engine=off by default?

On Thu, May 5, 2005 07:59, Paul Wise wrote:
> Not if they are prepared for the change by using php_flag engine On in
> their htaccess or equivalent.

Adding such a flag is possible and won't break packages, but .htaccess is
Apache-specific so isn't a general solution. Furthermore, shouldn't we
assume that someone who explicitly sets php_engine to off knows what he is
doing? Perhaps he has some reason not to run PHP at all, and a package
just overriding this might not be a good idea.

If someone turns it off, we can expect him to turn it on for specific
parts if he needs to, can't we? How do we know that he meant not to turn
it off for package x?

Thijs