Re: Web applications specific issues

Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:

> This is a problem I've indeed not solved yet for SquirrelMail and I'm very
> interested in anyone who has ideas about this.

Two suggestions:

1. Something like debhelper's perl module packaging, where it's just a
command or two to get a perl module from CPAN and turn it into a Debian
package. You can then use depends/conflicts/etc. to handle different
versions, and you can use the package scripts as well.

2. /usr/local/share/squirrelmail/$APIVERSION/  This would probably be
simpler for a lot of people, and potentially allows non-root to add
plugins. Not sure if plugins need special upgrade scripts or anything
like that, but if needed it could be added.