Re: Web applications specific issues

> > honnestly, I don't care if one upstream is frustrated because we
> > won't ship their package in stable. We may define the fact that if
> > an app
>
> my concern isn't with upstream, it's with another d-d saying "to hell
> with your restrictions, i'm packaging this!".  that kind of mentality
> would make it hard to make this a policy in the first place, and i
> expect no less from my fellow d-d's :)

well, I really believe we can have support of the QA and Security teams
on this.

> this is slightly different problem.  if the user is *expected* to
> modify a file, it shouldn't be in /usr/share in the first place, or
> at least marked as a conffile.

this is not satisfying IMHO. or we need a fancier conffiles manager that
allow other options than 'ignore change' or 'drop your file' and allow
some merging facilities like the gentoo etc-update does.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O