Re: Web applications specific issues

* Pierre Habouzit (pierre.habouzit@m4x.org) disait :
> for the specific parts of the package, that is ok. but I believe there
> is a few generic features every single webapp package should feature if
> possible. e.g. the DGDB configurations should not be package specific,
> but use a central tool that would allow the user to re-use a previous
> registered SGDB (wwwconfig-common already provides facilities, but does
> not stores the available SGDB, and also the user is forced to enter the
> same informations again and again, and it is *REALLY* frustrating)

This is exactly what dbconfig-common provides:

    dbconfig-common is an implementation of the "best practices for
    database applications" draft, which provides debian packagers with
    an easy, reliable, and consistant method for managing databases used
    by debian packages.

--
                                  Alexis Sukrieh <sukria@sukria.net>
                                               http://www.sukria.net

« Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur. »
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.