Re: Please give back acl2 on armhf

On Sun, Oct 03, 2021 at 07:12:19PM -0400, Camm Maguire wrote:
> Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> writes:
> > On Sun, Oct 03, 2021 at 01:49:04PM -0400, Camm Maguire wrote:
> >> Greetings, and thanks for your reply!  When I do, I am asked for salsa
> >> login credentials.  Apparently my automatically created account was
> >> disabled due to non-use a year ago.  I've requested activation on #salsa
> >> and salsa-admin@debian.org to no effect.  Just tried registering fresh
> >> with a new username and email address, and am awaiting administrator
> >> confirmation.  Am I overlooking anything?
> >
> > AFAIK it would anyway require to be a DD, so it wouldn't work.
>
> I am a DD, but it does not appear I have a working salsa login.  I would
> like to get that working so I could give back packages without bothering
> anyone.  Might you be able to advise me on that?

Oh, sorry.  I did a lookup on your email address, but didn't yield any
result because that address is not in a uid of your gpg key, nor was it
used "recently" in any upload.

Anyway, salsa accounts of DDs have been disabled for all those DDs that
didn't activate theirs within 2 years after salsa was created.
Only the salsa admins can re-enable those accounts, and ttbomk, the way
is to mail salsa-admin@debian.org like you said you already did.
Registering a new account won't probably help anyway, since your @d.o
address is tied to the deactivated one, and moving the address still
require admin intervention which then leads to the same situation of
waiting on them (furthermore the "DD status" of a salsa account actually
comes from nm.debian.org and their linking.  re-linking your nm.d.o
account to a new salsa account has some rought edges that can also
require a nm.d.o admin ("Front Desk") to manually set it up; so you'll
then still have to nudge plenty of people to get it done).

I see you asked in #salsa on IRC 3 days ago, and I have to suppose you
mailed them around the same time.  Since you have been without salsa for
more than 3 years already perhaps you can give the salsa admins more
time to react?

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo