Re: let me help you with progressing bikesheds

On 14956 March 1977, Paul Gevers wrote:
> Technically my half year sabbatical leave has started last week. One of
> the projects I put my mind to is to work on materializing bikesheds.

Yay.

> If I haven't missed progress, we are currently basically in the state
> where Joerg brought us in 2015. I was wondering what work needs to be
> done (and which first) to progress.

Ack.

> I found the dak bikeshed branch of Joerg¹. I guess what is needed now is
> to rebase that branch on the current state of DAK and then start
> experimenting with wanna-build to see how this could/should interface
> with DAK to actually do the intended builds? Is that correct? (Does it
> make sense for me to try and setup my own DAK and wanna-build to play
> with this?)

And get the commands done so people can setup new bikesheds.

> The DSA was also mentioned as stakeholder in this, should they be added
> to this thread and if so, what is their role in this?

If we have deployable stuff, we can interact with them. We know all the
basic rules they have for stuff running on .d.o machines, so don't need
their input (yet).

> I hope you can help me to get started, such that I can help you to get
> this long standing idea into a working state.

#debian-ftp on irc.oftc.net is a good place for live discussions of stuff.

--
bye, Joerg