Re: gb ants_1.9.2+svn680.dfsg-4 . mips mipsel s390

On Thu, 05 Jul 2012, Julien Cristau wrote:
> No, virtual memory is independent of the particular machine, it's 31bit
> on s390.

so 2GB... sounds like should be enough

> > > For mipsel, -3 also failed with the same error.
> > it might indeed be a memory issue but message was a bit different:
> > https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=ants&arch=mipsel&ver=1.9.2%2Bsvn680.dfsg-3&stamp=1331621632
> > c++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
> > Please submit a full bug report,
> > with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> That means the machine went out of memory and the kernel killed your c++
> process.

isn't that just one of possibilities why it could be killed? (dmesg
could help to say it for sure but otherwise I would stay open for
alternatives: /etc/security/limits.conf lists quite a few ;) )

> [...]
> > but so far it just looks like insufficient resources on all of them...

> Or insane requirements from those packages.  I guess it depends on your
> pov.

That is true but here it fails at compile time ... sure thing someone
could abuse C++ templates too much but probably it is not the case
here...

meanwhile I will just wait for reply from release team either it is
worthwhile spending more time atm on these 2 packages

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences