Re: gb ants_1.9.2+svn680.dfsg-4 . mips mipsel s390

On Thu, Jul  5, 2012 at 11:57:18 -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> On Thu, 05 Jul 2012, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> > >gb ants_1.9.2+svn680.dfsg-4 . mips mipsel s390
> > I'm not sure that giving back ants on s390 would bring anything
> > good. It has been failing to build there since a few revisions.
>
> and the sign is worrisome regarding my ability to overcome the problem:
>
> "virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory"
>
> that was on zappa -- is there any other build box with more VMEM avail?

No, virtual memory is independent of the particular machine, it's 31bit
on s390.

> > For mipsel, -3 also failed with the same error.
>
> it might indeed be a memory issue but message was a bit different:
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=ants&arch=mipsel&ver=1.9.2%2Bsvn680.dfsg-3&stamp=1331621632
> c++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
> Please submit a full bug report,

That means the machine went out of memory and the kernel killed your c++
process.

[...]
> but so far it just looks like insufficient resources on all of them...

Or insane requirements from those packages.  I guess it depends on your
pov.

Cheers,
Julien