Re: Problem testing quinn-diff with reprepro

Please CC me, I'm not on the list -

(Also FYI, Alexander is one of our Debian SoC students)

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 6:33 AM, Alexander Pashaliyski
<al.pashaliyski@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to test quinn-diff but I'm getting unexpected results with it.
>
> I was told "quinn-diff is no longer in Debian" but I'm not sure whether to believe this - I see it in the wheezy repository and there's quinn-diff related configuration in wanna-build (the latest version from git).

I think something's out of sync:

I quoth from the BTS[1]:

    Please remove quinn-diff. It's no longer used by wanna-build,
    orphaned and virtually unused.

    Cheers,
            Moritz

debian-wb'ers - is the configuration for wanna-build in git up to date?

> Anyway, I have set up reprepro and added some packages to it:
>
> # cat /etc/debian_version
> wheezy/sid
>
> # reprepro -A source list wheezy
> wheezy|main|source: coreutils 8.13-3.2
> wheezy|main|source: eglibc 2.13-32
> # reprepro -A amd64 list wheezy
> wheezy|main|amd64: coreutils 8.13-3.2
> wheezy|main|amd64: openssh-client 1:5.9p1-5
>
> When I run quinn-diff:
>
> # cd dists/wheezy/main
> # quinn-diff -p binary-amd64/Packages.gz -s source/Sources.gz
> [quinn-diff]: Only 'Architecture: all' packages found in Packages file!  Giving up.
>
> There's no documentation on quinn-diff (only a manual page) so I'm not sure if what I'm doing is right. As I see it I have amd64-specific packages so I'm not supposed to get such a message. That's what I figured out from the available documentation. Maybe I'm doing something completely wrong.
>
> Does somebody have any idea what is the problem?

Perhaps some of the w-b'wes have advice on where to go :)
  -- Paul

[1]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=618820