Re: Problem testing quinn-diff with reprepro

+++ Alexander Pashaliyski [2012-05-28 13:33 +0300]:
> I'm trying to test quinn-diff but I'm getting unexpected results with it.

> I was told "quinn-diff is no longer in Debian" but I'm not sure
> whether to believe this - I see it in the wheezy repository and
> there's quinn-diff related configuration in wanna-build (the latest
> version from git).

Someone more expert will be along in a minute, but it does seem to be
deprecated.

> Anyway, I have set up reprepro and added some packages to it:
>
> # cat /etc/debian_version
> wheezy/sid
>
> # reprepro -A source list wheezy
> wheezy|main|source: coreutils 8.13-3.2
> wheezy|main|source: eglibc 2.13-32
> # reprepro -A amd64 list wheezy
> wheezy|main|amd64: coreutils 8.13-3.2
> wheezy|main|amd64: openssh-client 1:5.9p1-5

reprepro has the need-building option which may do what you want in
terms of telling you what has source in reprepro, but no corresponding
binaries.

I've been using that instead of quinn-diff to scheule reprepro builds
with good results. It's not very flexible, and rebuildd could do with
being able to understand reprepro output directly (I plan to add this
when I get a mo - it's not hard), but it works.

There are some other useful tools too I found when enquiring about
this a few monhts ago (Roger has some good things coming down the line in the
not-too-distant), but this seemed the easiest setup to actually
use now.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/