Re: Where to address give-backs (was: [Pkg-octave-devel] Please give back octave-odepkg on mips)

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 07:39:24AM -0400, David Prévot wrote:
> 	0: https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2009/03/msg00096.html
> If this information is not accurate, a proposed wording to fix the
> dev-ref, and maybe a file hosted on buildd.d.o could be proposed to
> update the current status.

I agree, esp. with the bit that involves us hosting documentation instead of
pointing at an immutable resource. However somebody would have to step up
and think of the different cases and where to direct people.

And then I don't know how responsive $arch@buildd.d.o is. (The mboxes are
accessible to DDs, but I lack the time to analyze that.) I.e. if the
situation would be better there. I just know that domain-specific knowledge
from the maintainer or (probably rather) the porter can actually help.

My dream would be that there are porters who deal with the architecture and
buildd maintainers who deal with the machines with the former having access to
them as far as feasible or necessary. The former would have wanna-build access
in any case.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern