Re: Request for binNMU voms and lcgdm

sön 2011-11-06 klockan 20:17 +0100 skrev Kurt Roeckx:
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 10:24:11AM +0100, Mattias Ellert wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > gsoap is notoriously not backwards compatible on updates due to changes
> > to the struct soap in the stdsoap2.h header between even minor version
> > updates. So also for this update.
>
> So instead of changing the soname, you tell the shlib system to
> place strict dependencies.
>
> Could you please consider changing soname instead?
>

> Kurt

Hi!

This is a reasonable proposal. I have implemented it in 2.8.4-2.

The requested binnmus are still needed with this version though.

Note that someone already requested the binnmu for voms on hurd-i386 and
that is already built, so you can exclude that architecture from the
request for the voms package.

Also, in the meantime binnmu requests have also been filed in BTS:

lcgdm: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=648315
voms:  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=648318

	Mattias