Re: Request for binNMU voms and lcgdm

tor 2011-11-03 klockan 02:41 +0100 skrev Cyril Brulebois:
> Hi,
>
> Mattias Ellert <mattias.ellert@fysast.uu.se> (03/11/2011):
> > I would like to request a binNMU for voms and lcgdm so that they get
> > rebuilt with the new version of gsoap (2.8.4-1).
>
> why? I see no reasons in your mail. And gsoap's last changelog entry
> doesn't make it obvious to me what it is you're trying to achieve
> through binNMUs?
>
> Mraw,
> KiBi.

Hi!

gsoap is notoriously not backwards compatible on updates due to changes
to the struct soap in the stdsoap2.h header between even minor version
updates. So also for this update.

For this reason the gsoap package installs a shlib file to ensure that
dependent packages explicitly depends on the version of gsoap used
during compilation.

Trying to install voms-server (from the voms source package) or e.g.
dpm-srm-server-mysql (from the lcgdm source package) will rightly fail
with the new gsoap installed:

> apt-get install voms-server
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 voms-server : Depends: libgsoap0 (< 2.8.4) but 2.8.4-1 is to be
installed
E: Broken packages

> apt-get install dpm-srm-server-mysql
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 dpm-srm-server-mysql : Depends: libgsoap0 (< 2.8.4) but 2.8.4-1 is to
be installed
E: Broken packages

	Mattias