Re: additional build depends / conflicts

On Sun, Jun 06, 2010 at 04:19:18PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> As I don't want to get requests to specify packages which are not part
> of the controls build-depends (for that, I really would like to seen
> an source upload), I consider checking that only packages are depended
> on that are part of the source package dependencies anyways (we still
> could get a newer version). For conflicts, I don't think that is
> advisable, as we might need to conflict with an intermediatly broken
> version of something indirectly depended on.

So for conflicts we would suddenly be able to fix up builds without
touching debian/control, that sounds bad in terms of reproducability.

Additional dependencies could be helpful, though.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager