Re: Question to candidates: How do you plan to manage finances/accounting?

On 25/03/24 17:04, Jonathan Carter wrote:
Hi Sruthi

On 2024/03/22 19:51, Sruthi Chandran wrote:
I agree on your point of lack of transparency about the finances. But from what I understood from highvoltage's  platform last year, the problem is more to do with the current delayed, manual and tedious accounting process.
The accounting processes have definitely been one of the stumbling blocks. We now have a new reimbursement system that's live (and even in use by some!) at https://reimbursements.debian.net

Once we have everything going through there, it will be much easier to get all kinds of reporting and insights into our spending (where, right now, other than me polling the TOs and posting a summary, everything else has been close to impossible).

It's still under development, but it's shaping up nicely, so I think in the future, the financial administration will be far less of a burden to the DPL than it has been for years already.

Thanks Jonathan, that is really good to know.
-Jonathan