Re: Question to all candidates: what to do with the Debian money, shall we invest in hardware and cloud?

On 3/27/24 08:51, Andreas Tille wrote:
Would you be ok spending 100k USD on buying hardware for a new Debian cloud,
for example? I've always volunteered to operate it for Debian, but it never
went through, because I haven't spent time to find where to host it and so
on, but highvoltage liked the idea. Do you like this idea? Do you think it'd
be useful for Debian?

While I personally have no use case for this I'm perfectly open for
spending money on this and love to discuss this either on debian-project
or debian-private (if private discussion seems to be appropriate).
However, I see an important requirement to consider this money well
spent: We need a team who cares for the maintenance of this cloud.  I do
not think that we can simply add to the workload of DSA.  And I want it
to be a real team and not a 1-person team.

Quickly, because I do not want to dive too much in the topic.

Adding workload to DSA isn't the plan. I also have other persons that raised their hands as volunteers. Let's discuss this after the vote ! :)

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)