Question to all candidates: what to do with the Debian money, shall we invest in hardware and cloud?

Hi,

As you know, there's a large amount of money sleeping in SPI account for Debian. Do you have ideas on how to spend it?

Would you be ok spending 100k USD on buying hardware for a new Debian cloud, for example? I've always volunteered to operate it for Debian, but it never went through, because I haven't spent time to find where to host it and so on, but highvoltage liked the idea. Do you like this idea? Do you think it'd be useful for Debian?

Also, I found very annoying that we don't have enough buildd, or that the reproducible build project doesn't have as much hardware as they would like. Would it be ok to spend another 100k USD for this kind of things?

For some packages of mine, the current shared runners are too slow to even run time-based tests of openvswitch for example... What about the Salsa CI? Couldn't we pay some cloud providers to have faster shared runners? It wouldn't be hard to hook them.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

P.S: To other DDs reading: feel free to voice your opinion too.