Re: Question to candidates: what are your quantitative diversity goals and metrics?

Hi Sven,

On Fri, Mar 29, 2024 at 03:57:57PM +0100, Sven Mueller wrote:
>    Hi Roberto.
>    Most of the reason you are asking here so persistently is that Andreas
>    chose to say "over representation of white males" instead of "under
>    representation of some other group" (be it females, POC, ...).

This is not it at all. You misunderstand me.

If Andreas had chosen to say "${group} is under represented" then I
would have asked exactly the same question in exactly the same way.

In fact, Sruthi's platform states, "... more gender diverse people will
feel comfortable joining our community". This is the exact part of her
platform that I quoted in my initial mail, in part because it fairly
strongly implies under representation of gender diverse people.

The reason for asking the question in the first place is because the
statements made by the candidates demand some level of quantification.
What, precisely, is the problem with asking for a quantitative
description of a quantifiable problem?

The reason for asking so persistently is because the question still is
not being answered.

I question the (at this point seemingly intentional) lack of
transparency.

Regards,

-Roberto

--