Re: General Resolution: non-free firmware: results

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> Observe also that "Recommend installer containing non-free firmware"
> beat "Only one installer" by 12 votes.

I don't think you can draw any meaningful conclusions from this ranking
because of the concern that the latter option may have been ruled invalid
by the Project Secretary.  I prefer one installer (to focus our resources
and UX efforts), but voted "recommend installer" above "only one
installer" because of the constitutional concerns.

> Certainly given the narrow margin, we should do what we can to make it
> easy for those who want to provide an unofficial fully-free installer to
> do so.  I think we might even want to link to it from the official page,
> inverting the way we currently do it.

I certainly have no objections to that if someone wants to do the work to
maintain it.