Re: Possible draft non-free firmware option with SC change

[ Apologies for going quiet again - it's been a busy few days,
  including testing and publishing two sets of point release images. ]

On Thu, Sep 08, 2022 at 04:54:06PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
>Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> writes:
>
>> That looks good to me - concise and clear. Thanks!
>
>Steve, what do you think about the suggestion above that we have a ballot
>option that only changes the SC and doesn't issue a statement on an issue
>of the day, and thus doesn't include the text of your proposal?  I'm
>worried that may feel like the project isn't providing enough guidance or
>a clear enough decision, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Quite. I can understand and sympathise with that suggestion, but I'm
really hoping for specific direction from the wider project here
rather than just a "we allow this" SC update. That latter would leave
the decision on firmware-included images solely in my hands, along
with the responsibility and (potentially) the blame here. I hope that
makes my position clearer?

"C++ ate my sanity" -- Jon Rabone