Re: Status of proposal E (SC change + non-free-firmware in installer)

Hi Russ,

thank you for working on option E! :)

that said, I think I want option F, where F is to E what B is to A,
(according how I read https://www.debian.org/vote/2022/vote_003 now)
or IOW, option E where both types of installers (with and without
non-free firmwarez) are offered. (so a new option F.)

I'd appreciate if someone would word this more formally so
this can be seconded and become an option on the ballot.

or maybe, it's possible to reword option E, because my only problem
is with the last sentence which reads

"We will publish these images as official Debian media, replacing
the current media sets that do not include non-free firmware packages."

and which I'd rather like to read

"We will publish these images as official Debian media, in addition to
the current media sets that do not include non-free firmware packages."

(so s#replacing#in addition to# which I'm not sure is worth another
option on the ballot. maybe it is.)

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

The system isn't broken. It was built this way.