Re: Possible draft non-free firmware option with SC change

On Fri, Sep 09, 2022 at 08:13:23PM +0200, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) wrote:

> If we were to include any non-free software/firmware on something that's
> called official Debian installer media that is said to conform to our
> standards

That's exactly the point of changing the wording - by including the two
words "installation media" as examples of infrastructure in #5 they are
permitted to *not* meet our free software standards.

The Images team is then trusted to determine how to achieve "a
convenience to our users", thus supporting the original GR intent and
making those images official (by the definition of the Images team).