Re: Possible draft non-free firmware option with SC change

On Fri, Sep 09, 2022 at 09:04:37AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> We probably do need to say something about how you need to review the
> licenses for non-free software before using or distributing it.  This is
> true for users as well.
>
> How about:
>
>     We encourage careful review of the licensing of these packages before
>     use or redistribution, since the guarantees of the Debian Free
>     Software Guidelines do not apply to them.

You've gone back to specifics again with "use or redistribution" and I
really don't think a third mention of our standards/DFSG in the same
paragraph/heading will make any difference. I now think that any further
wording should make some novel, specific, important point about the
relationship between Debian and its users: