Re: General Resolution: Liquidate donated assets as soon as possible

On 2022-06-18 22:40:01, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
> Someone pointed out "assets" is very broad, and that would include
> things like hardware donations (something I don't think would be wise).
>
> I would hereby like to amend my proposal by replacing "assets" by
> "financial assets":
>
> ==== Text of GR ====
>
> Donations to the Debian project of *financial* assets other than the
> TO's currency of choice should be liquidated as soon as possible.
>
> ==== End Text of GR ====

I second this GR.

I understand people might not *agree* with it, but I still think it's
worth discussing it more, especially in the open.

I also feel there was a consensus over the *spirit* of the proposal
here, if not the letter. It seems we all *not* want Debian to speculate
on donated assets. Yes, maybe there's a better way to phrase this, but
let's not make perfect the ennemy of good and start tackling this
problem because, right now, we still *do* have that problem and I don't
see any other action taken to solve it.

A.

--
For once you have tasted flight,
You will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward;