Re: General Resolution: Liquidate donated assets as soon as possible

Louis-Philippe Véronneau <pollo@debian.org> writes:

> ==== Text of GR ====

> Donations to the Debian project of assets other than the TO's currency
> of choice should be liquidated as soon as possible.

I think this may be too restrictive.  One of the things that came out in
the subsequent discussion is the idea of having an investment plan, and
keeping assets consistent with that investment plan.  Now, our investment
plan might reasonably be "keep everything in the TO's currency of choice
in a bank account," but this GR as phrased would lock us into such an
investment plan.  I think it would be better to retain that flexibility.

There also seemed to be a lot of consensus on debian-private.  Do we need
a GR?  I would expect the project delegates to be responsive to the
consensus on debian-private and that we would only need a GR if there were
some sort of conflict.