Re: General resolution: Condemn Russian invasion of the Ukraine

On Fri, Apr 08, 2022 at 01:09:13PM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
Over the last decade that has changed a lot, and DebConf is now as much part of the Debian project as any other Debian sub-project. We now mostly use the same Debian TOs (unless there's a good reason to add a temporary one for a conf), the DebConf committee is delegated within the project and there's no external setup of DebConf that exists anymore whatsoever.

I guess you could nitpick on what "formally a part of Debian" means, I mean, we don't have formal agreements with most teams within Debian, but as far as DebConf is concerned, I wouldn't say it's any more or less a part of Debian than any other Debian sub-project.

That's great news!

--
Please do not CC me for listmail.

👱🏻	Jonathan Dowland