Re: DebConf and legal structure for the project (was: General resolution: Condemn Russian invasion of the Ukraine)

Title: -

Regarding the following, written by "Russ Allbery" on 2022-04-08 at 10:17 Uhr -0700:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Debconf is not formally a part of > Debian, and so cannot be bound by the outcome of a GR anyway.

This is the sort of thing that would be good to clear up as part of the process of making Debian a more formal organization.

… I recommend you don't even start trying. Not only is it going to be a massive bikeshed, DebConf also basically requires a legal entity in whatever country we choose for our next holiday camp. And so yeah, DebConf is never going to be formally a part of Debian.

Are we really still talking about Russia? What about all the other atrocities in the world, first and foremost those being done by the Western nations, where most of Debian's assets are being held in custody of some form or another?

--
  .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

"...the prevailing catholic odor - incense, wax, centuries of mild
  bleating from the lips of the flock."
                                 -- thomas pynchon, gravity's rainbow