Re: Question to all candidates: Ongoing/future legal projects

Hi Tiago,

On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 11:09 AM Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@debian.org> wrote:

> Given that Jonathan, after lots of research as he describes in this
> thread, has stated that such request never reached him, can you clarify
> how can you have even complied to a request for more information from him?
>
> Also, if that's the case, why didn't you try to reach him in private at
> the time rather than bringing it to -vote months later, during an DPL
> campaign period in which you are both candidates?
>
> In my view, your request was totally eligible and could/should be
> quickly approved.

Look, the discussion with Richard was about the process for
disbursements. I like the idea of committees that are on schedule and
open to the public.

Despite the collateral damage Jonathan suffered for the missing
reimbursement (which people in power have to endure) I did not intend
to embarrass him, yet that's where we are taking this thread.

Jonathan is a busy guy. In fact, he is so busy he too would benefit if
other folks handled the disbursements. It would be a win-win for
everyone.

My messages may also have gotten stuck in Jonathan's spam filter.

It furthermore seems that I did not follow the proper process when
filing my request, as Paul Wise pointed out.

Either way, you challenged me for the true record. Below, you will
find the exchange you are interested in. I redacted both of Jonathan's
private, but was ineffective.

Similar to my other responses, I am committed to transparency when possible.

For context you will need to know that my internal hindrances with
operating lintian.d.o—which we resurrected after years of spotty
service—did not start (or end) with the misplaced reimbursement. In
RT#8464 from November 2020, you will find a partial record of the
dispute. (The ticket contains one of the few irate emails I have
written in Debian; it may have contributed to my DAM warning.) To this
day, there has been nothing but obstruction.

In my mind, the missing reimbursement simply made that point one more time.

Jonathan witnessed some of my issues, but he did not cause them. In
Debian, too much power is held away from the public eye. We have Setec
Astronomy. Hence my open and public committees.

Thanks for supporting my reimbursement request!

Kind regards,
Felix Lechner