Re: Question to all candidates: Ongoing/future legal projects

> That is a big gray area, but restrictions exist in
> the US [3]

The Hatch Act only applies to Employees of the United States Federal
Government from engaging in political activity using their official
position (in the case of a regular, and not restricted federal
employee). You can't engage in political activity at work to people
seeking government services, for example, but you can (in both cases)
express an opinion on your personal social media, or even run for
nonpartisan office! You can even campaign against a candidate on your
personal time.

This hot take is exceptionally bad and your characterization of the
rules have NO recognizable relation to reality.

Debian is also *NOT* a Government (you'll be forgiven for confusing
this fact because people seem insistent they have some sort of first
amendment right within the project), and we have no such election
related rules. If the project wants to make a "hatch act", you're
welcome to propose a constitutional amendment.

Now I'm wondering about my vote order and placement of NOTA too...

  Paul

--
:wq