Re: Ballot option 2 - Merely hide Identities of Developers Casting a Particular Vote and allow verification

Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> writes:

> Even if you don't want to move toward some different voting system, do
> we really want to require a constitutional amendment if say the
> secretary wanted to move voting to a salsa-authenticated website to make
> it easier and more accessible to our members?

Yes.

While I'm personally probably more worried about how calls for votes are
disseminated than about how the voting mechanism itself works, the
proposed change feels like a slippery slope towards the possibility that
how voting happens becomes generally less well understood.  Requiring a
GR to change the mechanism seems like a completely reasonable way to
both vet the proposed change, and ensure a maximum number of potential
voters understand what's changing.

Bdale