Re: FYI, Secret Ballots Proposal is Likely to Die for Lack of Support

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 15:34:09 -0700
Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> wrote:

> I'd want to see several additional people express support on
> debian-vote before I'd feel comfortable proposing a GR.

Sam, I was unaware of the discussion taking place but very much
support your efforts towards secret ballots.

Every voter should feel free to express their opinion without fear of
reprisals. In the real world that often requires secret ballots, as
demonstrated by the election process in numerous democratic countries.
Debian is no exception: for the RMS GR I ended up spending more time
considering whether or not to actually cast my vote than it took me
to make up my mind about the options on the ballot.