Re: General Resolution: Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board result

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 04:41:46PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Quoting Barak A. Pearlmutter (2021-04-20 16:12:16)
> > Maybe looking at options 7/8 wasn't the best example, both because of
> > perceived differences and because FD plays a special role.
> > But with all the ballots we can find a bunch of votes that do seem to
> > not use the full power of the ballot in ways that do seem a bit
> > counterintuitive.
> > Have a look for yourself, it's a fun exercise.
> > A large number of voters stop ranking when they get to FD. I'm not
> > sure why, but in many cases this renders their ballot pretty much
> > powerless because options with a chance of winning are not ranked.
> >
> > The details are very interesting, but any discussion of the actual
> > options leads back to discussing the topic of the GR proper, so I
> > really don't want to go there.
>
> I appreciate this topic being brought up - it has affected my voting
> style: Previously I thought that my voting powers stopped at FD.
>
> I don't think it makes sense to change the system to mandate use of all
> voting power.

Noone has suggested to remove any intentional way of voting.

------12 and 88888812 are equivalent when determining the result.

------12 might be intentional or not knowing that voting below FD can
decide the outcome.

88888812 makes it clear that this is an intentional "Debian should stay
out of politics" vote, with all other options considered equally bad.

>  - Jonas

cu
Adrian