Re: General Resolution: Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board result

Maybe looking at options 7/8 wasn't the best example, both because of
perceived differences and because FD plays a special role.
But with all the ballots we can find a bunch of votes that do seem to
not use the full power of the ballot in ways that do seem a bit
counterintuitive.
Have a look for yourself, it's a fun exercise.
A large number of voters stop ranking when they get to FD. I'm not
sure why, but in many cases this renders their ballot pretty much
powerless because options with a chance of winning are not ranked.

The details are very interesting, but any discussion of the actual
options leads back to discussing the topic of the GR proper, so I
really don't want to go there.

--Barak.