Re: General Resolution: Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board result

Quoting Barak A. Pearlmutter (2021-04-20 16:12:16)
> Maybe looking at options 7/8 wasn't the best example, both because of
> perceived differences and because FD plays a special role.
> But with all the ballots we can find a bunch of votes that do seem to
> not use the full power of the ballot in ways that do seem a bit
> counterintuitive.
> Have a look for yourself, it's a fun exercise.
> A large number of voters stop ranking when they get to FD. I'm not
> sure why, but in many cases this renders their ballot pretty much
> powerless because options with a chance of winning are not ranked.
>
> The details are very interesting, but any discussion of the actual
> options leads back to discussing the topic of the GR proper, so I
> really don't want to go there.

I appreciate this topic being brought up - it has affected my voting
style: Previously I thought that my voting powers stopped at FD.

I don't think it makes sense to change the system to mandate use of all
voting power.

Maybe it makes sense to e.g. add a friendly notice in the voting
confirmation email when not all voting power is used.  But there is
already a lot of text surrounding a vote, so such noticemight commonly
be missed.

 - Jonas