Re: General Resolution: Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board result

Le mardi 20 avril 2021 à 15:12:16+0100, Barak A. Pearlmutter a écrit :
> Maybe looking at options 7/8 wasn't the best example, both because of
> perceived differences and because FD plays a special role.
> But with all the ballots we can find a bunch of votes that do seem to
> not use the full power of the ballot in ways that do seem a bit
> counterintuitive.
> Have a look for yourself, it's a fun exercise.
> A large number of voters stop ranking when they get to FD. I'm not
> sure why, but in many cases this renders their ballot pretty much
> powerless because options with a chance of winning are not ranked.
>
> The details are very interesting, but any discussion of the actual
> options leads back to discussing the topic of the GR proper, so I
> really don't want to go there.

I really think we should not try to "fix" a system because wewant to
believe it's broken because other people whom we didn't ask their
opinion have done some thing we would not have done ourselves.

My personal vote was -221--35 and except for the fact I set FD to 5 and
not 4 out of a typo (which has no impact on my vote as I have not ranked
anything 4, everything here was intentional.

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2