Re: opinion on Choice 1

On Sun, 2021-04-04 at 16:37 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 04, 2021 at 03:09:10PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> > On Tue, 2021-03-30 at 12:18 +0200, Ulrike Uhlig wrote:
>
> > > People without voting rights repeatedly tried to lobby or push for a
> > > certain agenda on this list.
>
> > Welcome to Debian.
> > People are free to express their opinion, even if they are not owning
> > an @debian.org email address. And that is actually a very good thing.
> > The interested reader is able to filter messages and maybe maintain a
> > list of people to ignore if needed. It might be annoying for you, but
> > free speech is not always fun.
>
> People are free to express their opinion.  That does not mean the Debian
> Project is obligated to provide a platform for those opinions on the
> debian-vote mailing list, which exists to facilitate discussions among
> voting members of the Debian Project regarding matters that will be voted
> on.

There are lots of active people in Debian who do not have voting right, but
at least I for my part want to hear their opinion if they want to share it.
And it would be a shame if those opinions would not be heard.

> Non-voting posters to debian-vote are almost exclusively outside agitators
> and there's no reason subscribing to debian-vote should mean receiving their
> bullshit in our mailboxes.

Do you have any statistics on that?
Personally I don't mind to ignore some trolls, but if it bothers people too
much, I also wouldn't mind if somebody would implement a filter that only
accepts mails from active contributors. Although I guess that even discusing
what the requirements for such an active contributor are, will take more time
than ignoring some trolls once a year.