Re: What does FD Mean

Le dimanche 04 avril 2021 à 21:49:01+0200, Wouter Verhelst a écrit :
> On Fri, Apr 02, 2021 at 11:29:58PM +0200, Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
> > I'd rather have a None of the Above default option all the time along
> > with FD. It'd probably help.
>
> FD effectively is the same as "none of the above".
>
> You might believe that the subject is stupid and that the horse is dead
> and we shop stop flogging it, but the fact that we got it to a vote in
> the first place proves that there are people who disagree with you, and
> they will translate NOTA winning into "we haven't found the right answer
> yet, so let's try this again, for real this time".
>
> That's further discussion, just under a different name. I'd rather have
> an option that is honest with everyone and declares what will in effect
> happen.
>
> If you want an option that says "no, not now, not ever", you need to put
> it on the ballot.

To me there is a big difference in theory and semantically, but I agree
that practically these are the same.

IMHO, "None of the Above" => all ballot options are discarded. From
there, either people want to keep discussing the matter and new ballot
options should be proposed, or the GR becomes moot.

FD => hey, for now people are not convinced enough to vote, let's redo a
X weeks discussion.

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2