Re: Call for votes on «Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board»

Mathias Behrle <mbehrle@debian.org> writes:

> I consider the really great value of current option E that I can indeed
> vote explicitely that nothing should be done on behalf of the project
> and that further discussion is *not* needed.

I consider the naming of "further discussion" a wry joke on the fact that
the above outcome is, uh, unlikely.  Good luck getting everyone in Debian
to stop discussing something.

I have no real objections to renaming "further discussion" to "none of the
above"; I just doubt it would accomplish anything and therefore am not
sure it's worth the effort.  And personally, not that anyone should make
any decisions on this basis, I'm kind of fond of the self-aware joke.
It's good for us as a project to poke fun at our own weaknesses, since it
helps us keep them in mind.