Re: Cancel "culture" is a threat to Debian

On 4/1/21 03:09, Sergey B Kirpichev wrote:
On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 06:24:52PM +0200, Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
I could be wrong, but it seems to me that you still are on a debian
mailing list while you clearly stated you wanted to sever your ties with
Debian.
And what's wrong?  Anyone can participate in the discussion, isn't?
You're making a good cause to make the lists read-only for non-members and have one or two open (with some moderation so it doesn't turn into a hot mess) because you are way off the rails.

One of "choices" - is a real blackmail for all FOSS communities: ban
rms or we will not interact with you.  That affects people far outside
Debian, yes.
Maybe some wording somewhere is strong, but I believe that we should discourage contact with any hostile communities - this includes the current FSF.

As it seems to still hurt you
Oh, don't care about my "feelings".  Do care, please, about own
arguments.  E.g. obviously you have found "conspiracy theories"
in the https://libreboot.org/news/rms.html
Way off...

Yet, you miss the point, that "RMS is NOT transphobic".  That's
an opinion of someone you are attempting to defend from rms, isn't?
Or do you know better, of course?

Yet you miss the point that he is shitty towards women, since ever. His return was a drop in the ocean of bad decisions. The same way someone at FSF and RMS himself felt the right to do this, the same way Debian and other communities have the right to severe ties with such communities.

I joined Debian because it is inclusive, but that certainly doesn't mean we should include nor tolerate bad behavior, on contrary, I think we should become even more resolute to ban such elements from our own community sooner rather than later.