Re: Do we want to Handle Secret Ballots in the same GR as Voting Changes

On Mon, Nov 08, 2021 at 10:38:01AM -0700, Sam Hartman wrote:
>     Holger> all of this and additionally personally I'd also find it
>     Holger> disrespectful to hijack/piggyback (on) Russ' work.
> I'm frustrated reading this message because it sounds like you've jumped
> to the assumption that I'm  hijacking Russ's work without coordinating
> with him.

I'm frustrated you read "I would find it disrectful" as disrespectful.
I didn't know whether you coordinated with Russ and I did not claim
anything in that regard.

*I* find it disrespectful to piggyback on Russ' proposal and I respect
you and Russ disagree with me.

> I hope that in similar future situations, you ask rather than jumping to
> disrespect.

Same same.

And, I'd hope that in the future a GR on secret ballots will fail. Because,
they won't be secret (because they cannot be in technical terms) and
they would fuel a cabal.

And there should be less cabals in Debian.

If you find this opinion disrespectful as well...

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well
dance!