Re: Renaming the FTP Masters

Hi Joerg

On 2021/11/04 23:14, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
I would like to rename the FTP Masters team—ideally via a General Resolution.

Ideally? Its the worst possible way to go about.

I'm at a loss to actually find polite words to describe how off it is,

That might be slightly harsh, Felix only became a DD last year, it takes some time to learn not to go for the biggest and bluntest hammer first.

<snip>

Also, changing the name is Step 1 only and if we leave it at that, quite
pointless. Getting it all changed will take quite a while longer (start
with hostnames for example).

*nod*, although I don't see harm in starting with just a team name change. It doesn't have to mandate immediate changes everywhere else. The next step would probably be to file bugs for everywhere the name occurs with some tag and then track that, but I wouldn't want to force a surge of work because of this change. Starting with the delegation and then taking it one step at a time from there seems ok.

-Jonathan