Re: Draft proposal for resolution process changes

    Russ> I don't recall the "when the outcome is no longer in doubt"
    Russ> provision having been a problem in the past, so I admit my
    Russ> bias is towards fixing the wording but maintaining the current
    Russ> process.  I'm not sure there's a need for a change.

I support this approach.  I think if at any point the outcome is no
longer in doubt assuming no future actions, the vote should terminate.

In regard to a couple of other issues that have been raised:

* I find Carsten's message about tactical voting compelling.  I had
  almost been convinced to support removing the casting vote from the
  TC, but I think the argument Carsten's raises is good.  So I support
  keeping the casting vote.

* With regard to the issue of the long corner case and a member
  objecting to a TC call for vote late in the process... I note that we
  have seen calls for vote used tactically within the TC.  I hope we
  want to avoid that in the future, and given that  we've already seen
  tactical calls for votes happen, we should focus on corner cases
  involving them.
  In the particular case of a tactical call for votes on the TC
  (systemd), this corner case would not have mattered.  Even so, I think
  it is worth the language to fix.