Re: Draft proposal for resolution process changes

Karsten Merker <merker@debian.org> writes:

> "Votes are decided by the vote counting mechanism described in A.6.  By
> default, the voting period lasts for one week.  Members may change their
> votes during the voting period.  The TC can - even after the voting
> period has started - declare the voting period to end earlier if all
> members of the TC agree to that."

This allows any member of the TC to force the voting period to take a week
even if they're a minority of one.  Maybe it doesn't matter that much
because a week isn't very long, but this still doesn't seem correct (and
isn't the current practice).  Or, less controversially and more commonly,
it means that if one TC member is unavailable for some reason, all votes
are forced to be a week long because they're not available to agree to
make it shorter.

I don't recall the "when the outcome is no longer in doubt" provision
having been a problem in the past, so I admit my bias is towards fixing
the wording but maintaining the current process.  I'm not sure there's a
need for a change.