Re: Cancel "culture" is a threat to Debian

On Thu, Apr 01, 2021 at 06:57:12PM +0300, Sergey B Kirpichev wrote:
>On Thu, Apr 01, 2021 at 04:50:15PM +0200, Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
>> The first option is one option, the others are different and less
>> strong. Having strong options in a GR doesn't turn the whole GR in a
>> blackmail
>
>I would disagree.   Especially, given that the first attempt to
>"sign on behalf of the Debian" - was without a GR at all.

Oh FFS. You are *utterly* wrong here. In discussions with the DPL,
several DDs agreed that we did not think he had the constitutional
power to "sign" on behalf of Debian, even if he wanted to. That's what
caused Steve Langasek to start the GR process in the first
place. Following standard Debian practice, various people have
proposed amendments and other ballot options for that same GR.

*No* attempt has been made to sign that open letter on behalf of the
project. Instead, a GR was started to allow DDs to make a decision on
this matter. Do you understand that?

That's all I'm going to say here.

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer