Re: Cancel "culture" is a threat to Debian

Sergey B Kirpichev, 2021-04-01 09:24 -0400:
> It doesn't matter.  The message is clear: do what we want or go out.

Our message is "follow the guidelines we've set for behaviour towards
each other or you're not welcome to interact with other members of the
community"?! I'm... I'm truly shocked. That's just not the Debian I
signed up for.

> > I joined Debian because it is inclusive
>
> The original goal of the Debian was not being inclusive,
> but a free OS.  That's all debian users still expect from the project.

And some of us who actually work on the project would really love to
have a place where the tired argument that is "being accused of
transphobia is an infringement on my freedom of expression" doesn't get
brought up with no clear explanation every single time a conversation
gets even a bit heated. I see no way that interferes with our goal of
creating a free operating system, but maybe you're right and that's just
a bit much of me to ask.

In any case, if your plan here is to publicly leave the project to avoid
"SJW Cancer"[1], can you please actually get around to doing that? I
wouldn't want you to have to go through the crushing experience of ever
having actually been subject to consequences. I know it can be really
hard for people for whom being on the receiving end is something they've
never had to go through and not something they constantly live with. (:

Taowa

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2021/03/msg00141.html

--
Taowa (they)