Re: Amendment to GR on RMS rejoining FSF

    >> Under section 4.1.5 of the constitution, the Developers make the
    >> following statement:
    >>
    >> *Debian’s statement on Richard Stallman rejoining the FSF board*
    >>
    >> We at Debian are profoundly disappointed to hear of the
    >> re-election of Richard Stallman to a leadership position at the
    >> Free Software Foundation, after a series of serious accusations
    >> of misconduct led to his resignation as president and board
    >> member of the FSF in 2019.
    >>
    >> One crucial factor in making our community more inclusive is to
    >> recognise and reflect when other people are harmed by our own
    >> actions and consider this feedback in future actions. The way
    >> Richard Stallman announced his return to the board unfortunately
    >> lacks any acknowledgement of this kind of thought process. We are
    >> deeply disappointed that the FSF board elected him a board member
    >> again despite no discernible steps were taken by him to be
    >> accountable for, much less make amends for, his past actions or
    >> those who have been harmed by them. Finally, we are also
    >> disturbed by the secretive process of his re-election, and how it
    >> was belately conveyed [0] to FSF’s staff and supporters.
    >>

    >> We believe this step and how it was communicated sends wrong and
    >> hurtful message and harms the future of the Free Software
    >> movement. The goal of the software freedom movement is to empower
    >> all people to control technology and thereby create a better
    >> society for everyone. Free Software is meant to serve everyone
    >> regardless of their age, ability or disability, gender identity,
    >> sex, ethnicity, nationality, religion or sexual orientation. This
    >> requires an inclusive and diverse environment that welcomes all
    >> contributors equally. Debian realises that we ourselves and the
    >> Free Software movement still have to work hard to be in that
    >> place where everyone feels safe and respected to participate in
    >> it in order to fulfil the movement's mission.
    >>

    >> That is why, we call for his resignation from all FSF bodies. The
    >> FSF needs to seriously reflect on this decision as well as their
    >> decision-making process to prevent similar issues from happening
    >> again.  Therefore, in the current situation we see ourselves
    >> unable to collaborate both with the FSF and any other
    >> organisation in which Richard Stallman has a leading
    >> position. Instead, we will continue to work with groups and
    >> individuals who foster diversity and equality in the Free
    >> Software movement in order to achieve our joint goal of
    >> empowering all users to control technology.

I took a break from debian-vote to deal with personal stuff and to work
on RC bugs.
I told Sruthi I'd come back the next day and second.
Looks like that is no longer necessary and I don't want to make extra
work for the secretary.
Thanks for putting this option together.
I'll definitely vote it above FD.