Re: General Resolution: Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board

Hi,

> The problem is that for good reason, we no longer trust the FSF under
> its current governance to do that.  What you are affectively asking
> people to do is to pursue justice in regard to things rms did in a forum
> where rms has much more power than they do and where rms (and the voting
> members of the fsf) have demonstrated they will use that power in non
> equitible ways.
>
> Given how rms returned to the board, how can you possibly think those
> people will get a fair hearing.

Obviously, such a committee would have to be instated in a transparent
way and in close cooperation with people and organisations not
involved with rms otherwise. I do think that this is possible by both
having the current FSF board start such action, but not take control
of it.

An investigation committee consisting of the FSF board, or solely
people nominated by them, of course has no value.

-nik