Re: diversity

Hello, and thanks for your answers!

Sruthi Chandran <srud@disroot.org> writes:

> On 23/03/21 2:41 pm, Bart Martens wrote:
>> 1/ One way of addressing this, is actively BENEFIT the underrepresented
>> profiles. Positive discriminiation is needed, at least to get over an initial
>> resistance. Put diversity in the spotlights, to speed up improvement.
>
> I define positive discrimination as giving special attention to people
> from under-represented groups while not turning down people from other
> groups. So I am in support for positive discrimination. Putting
> diversity in the spotlight is a necessary step.

I have a follow-up question: Assuming that the amount of available
attention is limited(*), how does one go about doing what you suggest in
practice?

(*) It may well be the case that attention is not so limited in a
project like Debian, in that those responsible for the attention-giving
may be able to grow their "attention supply" for the laudable goal of
increasing diversity. What is your view on this?

Thanks!

 Best,
 Gard